Three generations of craftsmen since 1902
Site Designed & Maintained By: Custom Fit Designers
© Copyright 2010 Boyler's Ornamental Iron. All rights reserved.
The Story Behind The Legacy Of
The original building of Boyler's Blacksmith Shop 1902
Frank W. Boyler
THREE GENERATIONS OF QUALITY
At the age of twenty, Frank W. Boyler founded Boyler's Blacksmith Shop on the corner of 11th St. and Jersey Ridge Road (the current street names). Horseshoeing and general blacksmithing were the original services. The upper floors of the building were his living quarters and rooming house. Later an addition was added to the north and a wagon works installed where buggies and wagons were handmade. Frank was a popular and extremely colorful man. Stories about him still abound. He is remembered as the Mayor of East Davenport,
With the increasing popularity of the automobile and the decline of horsepower, a storage tank and gas pumps were added, along with a mechanical hoist in the wagon building, making Frank Boyler the operator of the first service station in East Davenport.
Boyler's Ornamental Iron are proud active members of NOMMA.